This tour combine art, history and nature. It’s a perfect choice for people who love nature and want to share her breath. It is a discovery of the land and the animals of the Delta, white herons and pink flamingos for example. The calm waters of the lagoons, where the salt water of the sea and the fresh water of the rivers are intermixed, give you a truly unforgettable experience. it’s an emotion that is worth to live. Visiting Comacchio and Ravenna you will live a full immersion in the past and in the art of this enormous wetland area well known as “Parco del delta del Po”.
- Duration: 4 days
- Minimum number of participants: 2 people
- Price per person: from 260 euro
The package includes:
- Welcoming guests on arrival at Ravenna Train Station.
- Pick-up and drop-off guests to Bologna/Rimini Airport (on request).
- B&B or hotel check-in and check-out assistance.
- 24 hours support for any emergency.
- Four days of private tours, custom made by an official tour guide. The tours are done on foot/bus/bike and the price includes the entrance fees to museums that can be visited along the way. Bike rental fee included.
- N. 3 lunch/dinners as detailed below.
- The departure times of the tours will accomodate the group's needs and be compatible with the opening/closing times of museums and tourist sites.
- We can recommend a B&B or hotel to the best price.
FIRST DAY: THE DELTA OF THE RIVER PO
It’s one of the most important wetlands in Europe, a paradise for naturalists, biologists, birdwatchers and tourists. We will visit the Delta of the great river Po, travelling on a small boat led by an expert of the live and history of this river.
- Morning: sailing the river Po you will enjoy the enormous variety of bird and waterways.
- Lunch: fish and seafood in a local restaurant of exceptional quality
- Afternoon : ecological/historic tour, a stroll in a a beautiful Nature Reserve of 1058 hectares and the best Abbey of Italy: Pomposa..
- Dinner: free
SECOND DAY: COMACCHIO
Heir of the important commercial port of Spina, Comacchio, born as an emporium and as a center of salt production in the Middle Ages , today still lives from fishing and tourism, due to its magnificent monuments and waterways. Comacchio still boasts unique, intact architectural features; a town of canals, palaces and monumental bridges, inhabited by people with a strong sense of identity who are proud of their origins. We will visit the Little Venice and also the heart of its lagoons.
- Morning: the Little Venice sightseeing.
- Lunch: in a typical seafoods and eels restaurant.
- Afternoon: by BIke or Car and boat we visit the heart of the Comacchio Lagoons.