This tour is designed especially for the tourist who wants to leave behind organized tours and fixed price menus by wanting to discover the essence of Ravenna and the local people. You will enjoy the Romagna style of life, its good wine and food, its joy for living, its wonderful landscape, pinewoods, churches and mosaics. More over, you will experience our traditional cuisine: cappelletti, tagliatelle, piadina.
- Duration: 2 days, 1 nights
- Minimum number of participants: 3 people
- Price per person: from 170 euro
The package includes:
- Welcoming guests on arrival at Ravenna Train Station (Pick-up and drop-off guests to Bologna/Rimini Airport on request).
- 24 hours support for any emergency.
- Two days of private tours, made by official tour guides. The tours are done on foot/boat/bike and the price includes the Bike and boat rental fees.
- N. 3 lunches or dinners as detailed below.
- The departure times of the tours will accommodate the group's needs and be compatible with the opening/closing times of museums and tourist sites.
- We can recommend a B&B and make your reservation.
FIRST DAY: RAVENNA, CAPITAL OF THE GOTHS EMPIRE
- Morning: discovering the monuments of King Teodorico.
- Lunch: free
- Afternoon: experienced ecological guides will help you discovering by boat the wetlands surrounding Ravenna. A wonderful sunset is waiting for you.
- Dinner: enjoy wine tasting and the typical food of the Emilia-Romagna area.
SECOND DAY. LAGOONS, PINEWOODS AND MOSAICS OF RAVENNA
- Morning: Pick up at your accomodation and enjoy cycling through the lagoons and the pinewoods in the south part of the city. Coming back you will visit the Basilica of Sant'Apollinare in Classe.
- Lunch: piadina party (a typical local bread ) with salami, squacquerone cheese and good sangiovese wine.
- Afternoon: The best churches of Unesco Heritage and the best mosaics of the world (V°-VI° c.)
- Dinner: In a family home you enjoy the local food home-made. The COOKING CLASS of Italian pasta could be included: a wonderful experience because during this cooking class you will take part in the preparation of the food so at home you can remake the traditional Romagna Land recipes.