Ravenna, the city of the mosaics, has been recognised as a world heritage by UNESCO: eight historic buildings are on the World Heritage List. It is a treasure chest of art, history and culture of the highest order with ancient origins and a glorious past; it was a capital three times. All around the city, you can enjoy its pinewoods, reeds, weetlands, lagoons populated by flamingos and many variety of birdlife. Just a short distance from the sea, you will be able to visit new and unusual landscapes in areas which are generally unknown, plunging yourselves in a sweet and relaxed atmosphere. This tour is designed for people who want enjoy the traditional food of this land and learn the secret of the Romagna recipies.
- Duration: 2 days
- Minimum number of participants: 2people
- Price per person: from 170 euro
The package includes:
- Welcoming guests on arrival at Ravenna Train Station.
- Pick-up and drop-off guests to Bologna/Rimini Airport (on request).
- B&B/hotel check-in and check-out assistance.
- 24 hours support for any emergency.
- Two days of private tours, custom made by an official tour guide. The tours are done on foot/bike/boat and the price includes the entrance fees to the museums that can be visited along the way. Bike rental fee included.
- N. 1 dinner–cooking class as detailed below.
- N. 1 "piadina"party.
- Morning: : Visiting the impressive monuments of Teodorico heritage
- Lunch: free
- Afternoon: visiting Unesco heritage sites.
- Dinner/cooking class: enjoy eating the local dishes , made during the cooking class, accompanied by an appropriate choice of wines
SECOND DAY: RAVENNA AND ITS SURROUNDINGS
- Morning: bike tour discovering the small Romanesque churches around Ravenna, the " PIEVI"
- Lunch : ”piadina party” ( piadina-bred, ham and salami, squacquerone cheese)
- Afternoon: bike tour to discover the lagoons surrounding the city, sailing in a small boat among birds, flamingos, swans and unusual landscapes, without compromising these habitats and plunging yourselves in a sweet and relaxed atmosphere in the Emilia-Romagna Po Delta.