" Sunny Romagna, sweet land" (Giovanni Pascoli an italian poetry), is land of Parish Churches, places of worship that testify the importance of Christianity since ancient times. The churches have small dimensions and are well proportioned, displaying simple and pure architectonic lines. The exterior is bare and in brick; the uniformity of the façade is interrupted only by pillars, pilasters, small arches and central portals. Inside these places you can breath spirituality, semplicity, art and christianity. With this tour, as the candle on the cake, you can appreciate loocal food homade dishes, always accompanied by good wine.
Duration: 3 days
- Minimum number of participants: 8 people
- Details: 100 km (easy)
- Price per person: 160 euro
The offer includes:
- Three days of private tours, custom made by official tour guides and a team of professional bikers.
- Bike rental fee.
- N. 2 night b&b as below detailed.
- N.1 tasitng tour
- The departure times of the tours will accomodate the group's needs and be compatible with the opening/closing times of museums and tourist sites.
- Minibus for some little transfers.
- Mechanical assistance made by CicloguideLugo Team.
- Morning : Starting point: Ravenna with the magnificent Basilica of Sant'Apollinare in classe. Second stop will be the parish Church of San Pietro in Trento, dated back to 978 ac.
We move to Forlì : the churches of Pieve Acquedotto and Santa Maria delle Grazie in Fornò are waiting for us.
We arrive in the city centre of Forlì visiting the Abbey of San Mercuriale, the first bishop of Forlì.
- Lunch: free
- Afternoon: by minibus we move to Bertinoro where we visit the parish church of Polenta, wery well preserved, the medieval city center and the Museo delle tre Religioni.
- Dinner: free
- Overnight : in Forlì.
- Dinner: free
- Afternoon: We visit the Cathedral of Faenza, dedicated to San Pier Damiani.
Overnight : near Faenza in a charming B&B
- Morning:after breakfast we continue to Bagnacavallo, a nice medieval center, full of churches and convents, with its wonderful Piazza Nuova and the Pieve of San Pietro in Silvis.
- Lunch: in Bagnacavallo we rest and we take a good tasting tour focused on the Burson, a red fantastic old local wine.
Cycling along river and cultivated fields we will go to..... Ravenna.....!!!!
Informations and reservations:
Piera Angela Bezzi - Cell. +393478004649