It's a fascinating journey for visiting places full of spirituality, living unforgettable moments to discover the many places that have made history and even now maintain their mystery intact... Places far away from everyday clamor, from the frenetic pace of a society which leaves ever less time for silence and faith.
Duration: 2 days
Minimum Number of participants: 4 people
Price per person: FROM 140 euro
The package includes:
Welcoming guests on arrival at Ferrara/Ravenna Train Station. (Pick-up and drop-off guests to Bologna Airport on request)
24 hours support for any emergency. Bike rental and transportation fees.
Two days of private tours, custom made by official tour guides. The tours are done on foot/bike and the price includes the entrance fees to museums that can be visited along the way.
N. 2 lunch or dinners as detailed below.
ON REQUEST: WE CAN BOOK YOUR OVERNIGHT STAY
Tour details: First day Ferrara
Lying in the middle of the Po Valley, Ferrara still has the atmosphere of the past, which blends in harmoniously with the lively atmosphere of the present. Characterized by the enormous Castle of St. Michael, the magnificent residence of the dynasty of the Estensi, and its Medieval Cathedral, Ferrara today still maintains its traditions. The center of an important Jewish community, Ferrara preserves the Old Synagogue and its Jewish Museum.
- Morning : San Michele Castle and The Cathedral by bike.
- We continue visiting Ferrara medieval. The ghetto and the Synagogue.
- Lunch: free
- Afternoon: Riding a bicycle we will visit Santa Maria in Vado with its famous miracle
- Departure to Ravenna (by train)
- Dinner: Wine tasting and culinary products with suggestions of an expert sommelier in a famous downtown restaurant
Second day: Ravenna
Ravenna, the city of the mosaics, is an ideal cycling place because everybody goes by bike. Ravenna is a treasure chest of art, history and culture of the highest order with ancient origins and a glorious past; it was a capital three times. Ravenna houses the mortal remains of Dante Alighieri and keeps his memory alive with important events.
- Morning: the Byzantine mosaics protected by The Unesco (San Vitale, Mausoleo di Galla Placidia, A. Apollinare Nuovo) and the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore
Lunch: "piadina party", a particular Romagna bred" with "squacquarone cheese" salami and good wine.
Afternoon: By Bike :The small churches (Romanic Parish Churches) the "Pievi" in the area of Ravenna
Piera Angela Bezzi